JEE Main Notification 2018: JEE Main 2018 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates has been released at jeemain.nic.in. It will be conducted by CBSE for admission to B.E./B.Tech & B.Arch courses. On the basis of JEE Main, candidates are admitted to NITs, CFTIs and other engineering institutions.
JEE Main 2018 Notification, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates @ jeemain.nic.in
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2018 in pen-paper based (offline) mode on April 8, 2018. Meanwhile, CBSE is yet to announce the dates for the computer-based test. The candidates are advised to see the JEE (Advanced) website www.jeeadv.ac.in for more information related to JEE.
JEE Main 2018 Notification Released!
In pursuance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, Notification, the 6th Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2018 will be conducted on 08-04-2018 (Sunday) by the JEE Apex Board for Admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutes etc.
JEE Main Application Form Last Date
JEE Main 2018 Notification will be released in November 2018 tentatively and Application process will be started from 1st week of December 2018. After the release of official notice, candidates may apply for the same.
The detailed information bulletin containing details of examination, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear, examination fee, cities of examination, State code of eligibility, age relaxation, eligibility for admission, reservation policies and important dates will be available on JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in.
Download Jee Main 2018 Notification
CBSE Introduced Few Changes in JEE Pattern here’s the list:
All candidates interested in pursuing a career in engineering can apply for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). Students can get complete information about JEE Main 2018 such as application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern and syllabus. From the year 2017, CBSE has introduced some new changes like applicants should have
- Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI for filling the application form.
- There shall be no weightage for the class 12 marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination
- For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced)/JEE (Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75 per cent marks in the class 12 examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12 examination conducted by the respective Boards.
- For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65 per cent in the class 12 examination.
- Candidates from Meghalaya, J & K and Assam are excluded from this provision. Such candidates have to enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number to get examination centre in these states only.
JEE exam Last year Statistics :
The JEE exam is held by CBSE for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc. In 2017 year, the pen-paper based JEE Main exam was held on April 2, while computer-based JEE Main exam was scheduled on April 8 and April 9. As reported, more than 13 lakh students took the JEE-Mains exam, with less than 10 per cent of them going online.
Further, the results of the same were declared on April 27. For the very first time, a 17-year-old boy from Udaipur topped the JEE Main 2017 scoring an astonishing 360 out of 360 marks in the examination.
JEE Main 2018 Application form
The aspiring candidates have to apply online only through JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in. The online application process will start from 1st December , 2017 onwards. The last date for application is 1st January, 2018 and fee can be paid up-to 2nd January, 2018.
JEE Main 2018 application fee has to be paid to complete the application process. Application fee can be paid either through online or offline mode. Application fee paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows
- Payment of fee can be done either through credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- Candidates opting e-challan are required to make the payment in Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/Canara Bank in cash.
The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad. The candidates are advised to see the JEE(Advanced) website: www.jeeadv.ac.in for information related to JEE (Advance).
Some of eligibility for appearing JEE Main 2018 is given below:
- Date of Birth: Candidates those born on or after 1st October 1993 are eligible for writing the JEE Main examination.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation shall be provided in the upper age limit of SC/ST & PWD candidates (i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988).
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
Number of Attempts:
Total 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main. Attempts will be counted from the year 2017 onwards. JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in consecutive years.
Executive Director (JAB),
H-149, Sector-63, Noida – 201309 (U.P),
Phone : 7042399520, 7042399521, 7042399525, 7042399526, 7042399529,